It isn’t hard to find time to read every good book that comes out. Or all the bad ones I want to read anyway. I will definitely be finishing all these on my list this semester. Oh, and more.
In fact, I only haven’t read these important books which everyone else has already read because I’ve been saving them to savor over.
- Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things (novel)
- Anne Carson’s Autobiography of Red (verse novel)
- Salman Rushdie’s The Satanic Verses (literary uproar)
- John Updikes’ Rabbit series (novels, not about bunnies)
- Philip Roth’s American Pastoral (enough with the novels, eh?)
- John D’Agata’s Halls of Fame: Essays (essays, he says)
- Annie Dillard’s Pilgrim at Tinker’s Creek (beautiful essays)
- John Ashberry: Collected Poems
- Frank O’Hara’s Lunch Poems (work snack)
- Ted Kooser’s Delights & Shadows (place poetry)